Learner Fund Bursary 2020 for Childminders
The Department of Children & Youth Affairs (DCYA) will open the Learner Fund Bursary for Childminders who are registered with Tusla and hold a Level 5 or Level 6
award on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ). The local City/County Childcare Committees (CCCs) will process and appraise the Learner Fund Childminder Bursary applications.
1. A DCYA reference number is required. If the applicant does not have a DCYA reference number, they will need to on-board through the Hive system (https://earlyyearshive.ncs.gov.ie/). This process may take time so applicants are advised to complete as soon as possible.
2. The qualification for which the bursary is paid must be on the DCYA Early Years Recognised Qualifications list.
3. The award must be placed at level 5 or Level 6 on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) and achieved in the academic years 2014 to 2020 inclusive.
4. The bursary amount will be €750.
5. The qualification must be a full, major award; the bursary will not be paid in respect of partially completed awards.
6. The qualification for which the bursary is paid must be that which qualifies the person to work in the early learning and care sector.
7. Applicants may only apply once and cannot be granted the Learner Fund for a second time if they have already received it before. This includes applicants that may have received a Learner Fund grant in another round of Learner Fund in previous years where the applicant may have previously worked in a centre-based setting.
8. The applicant cannot have received any public funding in support of their completing the award relating to this application.
9. Applicants must be currently registered with Tusla.
10. Late or incomplete applications; will not be accepted.
11. Decision of the CCC is final and cannot be appealed.
Click on the link below to download the application form: