Parent & Toddler Group Initiative Grants 2020
The Parent & Toddler Grants Initiative for 2020 has been announced and are now OPEN.
The grants scheme will run for the academic year September 2020 to June 2021. Because the grants will operate on an academic year the time frame for applications will be very tight. Applications have been sent to Parent & Toddler Group Contacts with a closing date of Thursday September 24th 2020.
Notification of decisions and payment of grants will be made by Friday 9th October 2020.
- Guidelines for Parent and Group Grants 2020
- Application form for Parent & Toddler groups in Offaly
- Data Protection Declaration
Information on grants available:
Applications for funding under this scheme should only be made by Parent & Toddler Groups that are organised on a not for profit basis and involve the participation of parents in the community. Grants will normally range from €100 to €1,000. Existing groups can apply for a maximum grant of €800. New start up groups may apply for a maximum grant of up €1000.
Funding will be available for:
- Toys, equipment and books
- Children’s activities, e.g. arts and crafts, music
- Limited funding will be available towards insurance, rent or minor refurbishment, up to a maximum of 30% of total funding.
Funding will not be available for:
• Groups operating out of private homes
• One off events such as outings, parties and trips
• Groups with a closing balance of €3,000 or more in the previous year
• Groups who received funding in previous years and did not return the Progress Report and receipts for items purchased
• Groups who do not submit evidence of appropriate insurance when making their application
• P & T Groups should have a Bank Account/Credit Union Account. The money taken at each session, any grants received by the group or money received from fundraising should be paid into the account. It is recommended that spending on the group’s behalf should be paid for by cheque/draft. All transactions involving the group’s money should be recorded and all receipts kept
• Applications from P & T Groups will only be accepted from groups known to Offaly CCC, new groups should make arrangements to meet an OCCC staff representative prior to application deadline
• P & T Groups must submit evidence of appropriate insurance (not applicable to new groups)
How to apply:
• Please fill in the attached application form, using clear block writing
• Please ensure that all sections are completed (Application form, Annual Income & Expenditure Account, Progress Report)
• Simple financial records are important for groups in receipt of grants as they offer protection for all involved However, newly formed groups do not need to provide a financial record until they are in existence for one year
• Please ensure the application is signed by 2 committee members
• Applicants are required to submit up to date bank statement/credit union statement (no older than 2 months) with their application form.
• Forward Evidence of insurance with application
• Forward Evidence of receipts for items purchased with last grant, along with progress report
• Grant Applications will not be recommended if: They do not include adequate information, i.e. all sections of the application form must be completed
Please note: Information regarding the Parent & Toddler Grants is sent from Offaly County Childcare Committee to a named contact person in each Parent and Toddler Group in the County, therefore it is very important to keep the CCC informed if the contact person or contact details should change. If this is the case, please contact us as soon as possible on 057-9135878 to advise.
Health Service Executive
Section 39 Grants are payable to groups who provide a support service for people. Parent and Toddler groups may qualify for start-up grants, which provide assistance towards running costs of the group such as rent, insurance, heat, equipment, etc. The grant can be applied for annually.
For further details, please contact the office on 057-9135878.