Parent & Toddler Group Initiative Grants 2018
The Parent & Toddler Grants Initiative for 2018 has been announced and Offaly County Childcare Committee has been allocated a budget of €3,898.
The grants scheme will run for the academic year September 2018 to June 2019. Because the grants will operate on an academic year the time frame for applications will be very tight. Applications will be sent to Parent & Toddler Group Contacts in August with a closing date of September 7th. Appraisals will take place on 12th September and Parent & Toddler Groups will know the outcome by week of September 17th. All grant contracts must be returned by November 16th to ensure groups are paid before the end of the financial year.
Information on grants available:
Applications for funding under this scheme will only be made by Parent & Toddler Groups that are organised on a not for profit basis and involve the participation of parents in the community. Grants will normally range from €250 to €500. Existing Parent and Toddler Groups can apply for a maximum of €450. New start up groups may apply for maximum grant of up to €600.
Funding will be available for:
- Toys, equipment and books
- Children’s activities, e.g. arts and crafts, music
- Limited funding will be available towards insurance, rent or minor refurbishment, up to a maximum of 30% of total funding.
Funding will not be available for:
- Groups operating out of private homes
- Groups with €3,000 or more closing balance in 2017
- Groups that received funding and did not return the Progress Report and receipts for items purchased with their last grant
- Outings, once off events and parties
- Existing groups who do not submit evidence of appropriate insurance when making their application
- Group must be known to the CCC
- Existing groups must submit an up to date bank / credit union statement (no older than 2 months)
- Maximum closing bank balance allowable is €3,000
- Existing groups must submit a Progress Report for most recent grant allocation
- Existing groups must submit receipts for items purchased using most recent grant allocation
- Maximum grant allocation €600 (new groups); €450 (existing groups)
- Where possible grant allocation should reflect a geographical spread
- Existing Groups must submit a copy of appropriate and current insurance (not required for new groups). New groups will have to submit evidence of insurance within the first month of receiving the grant
Please note: Information regarding the Parent & Toddler Grants is sent from Offaly County Childcare Committee to a named contact person in each Parent and Toddler Group in the County, therefore it is very important to keep the CCC informed if the contact person or contact details should change. If this is the case, please contact us as soon as possible on 057-9135878 to advise.
Health Service Executive
Section 39 Grants are payable to groups who provide a support service for people. Parent and Toddler groups may qualify for start-up grants, which provide assistance towards running costs of the group such as rent, insurance, heat, equipment, etc. The grant can be applied for annually.
For further details, please contact the office on 057-9135878.