Childminder Development Grant
Applications for the CMDG opens on Monday 14th June 2021
and the process closes on 16th July 2021.
To be eligible to apply for funding, you must be Childminder who is:
• Providing an existing childminding service carried out in the Childminder’s home
• Proposing a new childminding service to be carried out in the Childminder’s home
• A Childminder who provides/proposes to provide childminding services (not including Childminders own children) for at least: 3 children on a part time basis
• 1 child on a full-time basis and 1 child on a part time basis
• Must provide evidence of appropriate insurance (must show valid insurance period)
• Must provide evidence of Tusla Children First E-Learning programme
• Required to operate as a Childminder for a minimum of two years following receipt of the grant.
The maximum grant available to a Childminder, who fully meets the criteria of the scheme, is 90% of total receipted eligible childcare expenditure, subject to a maximum grant of €1,000. Please note, Childminders may re-apply after 2 years, or after a shorter if your first CMDG was for less than the maximum amount.