Frontier Economics Research Papers
Frontier Economics was appointed as Research Partner to provide research support to inform the work of the Expert Group to develop a new Funding Model for early Learning and Care and School-Age Childcare. Under the direction of the Expert Group, Frontier Economics have produced the first set of research papers.
These research papers aim to provide a broad foundational base upon which international comparisons and learnings can be drawn that will be of value for the development of the funding model in Ireland. The authors are solely responsible for the views, opinions, findings, conclusions and/or recommendations expressed, which are not attributable to the Department or the Expert Group.
The first suite of Research Papers are as follows:
1. International Comparisons of Fees, Staff Wages and Public Investment in Early Learning and Care
2. International Approaches to Funding Early Learning and Care and School-Age Childcare to Reduce Costs for Parents
3. Review of Working Conditions for Staff in Early Learning and Care
4. Mechanisms to Control Fees Charged to Parents for Early Learning and Care and School-Age Childcare
5. Approaches to Identifying Children or Settings in Need of Additional Support
Click Here to download and view all the Research Papers